1. Why do you work in this field?
As an Army veteran I have seen the many side effects we are faced with coming home from war, mental health and addiction are some of the primaries. I saw first hand throughout my personal life how addiction truly breaks a person down, and without the right help one can be lost indefinitely. With my experience and background, I know that I can truly help those in need.
2. How long have you worked in this field:
I have been working in this field for a little over a year now. I started helping veterans through a support group created to help provide and create an environment they can vent, express, and share their experiences with mental health and addiction.
3. What do you bring to the table?
As a leader of change, I find it important to be authentic, compassionate, and an excellent listener in order to help support others in their time of need. We all fall short at some time in our lives and I know first hand that if we get the attention needed, we can truly excel and be the best version of ourselves.
4. What are your ‘Super Powers’?
When I think of superpowers I think mine would be positivity. I am able to stay positive in the worst times, when everyone else around me has given in to negativity.
5. What do you love about yourself?
I love that I am an open book and willing to change for the better of the whole. “Teamwork Makes the Dream Work”
6. What’s your favorite positive quote?
My favorite positive quote is “Be the Change You Want to See”
7. What words best describe you?
Caring, energetic, compassionate, empathetic, and forgiving.
8. Positive things you like to do:
I like to swim, write poetry, and sing.
9. What do you like best about your job?
I love to see the transformation of the clients as they go through the recovery process.
10. What’s the greatest thing you ever did?
Joining the US Army
11. Do you have any skills or talents that most people don’t know about?
A lot of people do not know that I am a good dancer.
12. Who are your ‘mentors’?
My mentor is Jesus Christ and my Husband.
13. What is something that you think everybody deserves to have?
Everyone deserves forgiveness.
14. How do you see yourself?
I see myself as someone you will never give up and always be there for you no matter what.